New Autodesk Netfabb 2017 delivers end-to-end software solution for industrial additive manufacturing and 3D printing
Autodesk, after announcing its portfolio of subtractive and additive manufacturing solutions, has unveiled Netfabb 2017. This, according to the company, is a comprehensive toolkit for additive manufacturing professionals. It is designed to help reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve part performance in industrial 3D printing production environments.
Autodesk’s Netfabb 2017 provides users with a software solution that integrates the “design enhancement, manufacturing preparation and build simulation tools” environment that shares a common installer, common file formats and process definitions.
“Additive manufacturing is having a profound impact on how manufacturers of all sizes look at product design, production, distribution and economies of scale,” said Samir Hanna, Vice President and General Manager of Digital Manufacturing at Autodesk. “With Netfabb 2017, Autodesk has created a single set of industrial tools that help move from design to finished part quickly and easily.”
A company statement details the following features for Netfabb 2017:
• Rapid file handing through the process of importing CAD files and converting them to editable STL files with the CAD import module.
• A wide range of model editing tools, which help users create the geometry needed to get powerful performance from additive manufacturing processes and machines.
• A new simulation utility provides fast and robust simulation of full layer deposition and predicts structural stresses and deformations in metal parts, which helps reduce the need for costly experimental iterations.
• The build support module helps users quickly create support structures, while automatic packing maximises the number of parts that can be loaded on a build area.
• An advanced and powerful generative design enhancement feature enables fast and efficient light weighting and refinement of parts.
• Users are able to enhance part properties and throughput with an advanced toolpath engine that specifies hatching patterns and control parameters such as print speed, focus and laser or beam power.
Price and availability
The new updates are free to all existing Netfabb subscription customers and can be accessed immediately. The Netfabb solution is already available to new customers in Standard, Premium and Ultimate options. All tiers are available as quarterly, annual and multi-year subscriptions through Autodesk Direct Sales. The Standard and Premium versions are available through the Autodesk eStore with a monthly subscription option available for Netfabb Standard.
(Source: Autodesk website)
For more information, visit www.netfabb.com