Uncategorized

Treating wastewater with minimal operating cost, maximum recyclable recovery

 Ahmedabad-based Apurva Water has recently introduced a unique technology of treating the wastewater where operating cost is drastically reduced to achieve Zero Liquid Discharge
 Considering today’s environmental issues and global warming, the pollution control department is very stringent toward the disposal of effluent. The only solution left with the industry is to treat the waste water in such a way that maximum wastewater is recycled for different uses like cooling tower, boiler, gardening, floor washing, sanitary application, etc.
Apurva Water has recently introduced a unique technology of treating the wastewater to recover 90 per cent of reusable water from treated pharma effluent to use in cooling tower, boiler and remaining 10 per cent is treated in MEE to achieve the Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD). The result of a case study is shown in table 1.
In the process (as explained in the block diagram) chemicals are dosed for the precipitation of salts like, hardness, SO4, SiO2, etc. and further effectively filtered by using 0.1µ porous Tubular filtration membrane to achieve the SDI <4. Thus, the water becomes suitable for further treatment in R.O. membrane for reduction of TDS.
By this process the water to be treated in MEE is reduced to 10 per cent and the operating cost is reduced drastically as MEE operation cost is very high.
Authored by__
Ashwin Gupta, CEOApurva Water Management Systems

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Most Popular

To Top