WIDMA introduces vertical turning lathe
November 16, 2023 6:12 pm
New VT850 2-axis machine designed for large component, heavy metal removal is a 2-axis vertical turning lathe, combining accuracy and productivity for machining large components with industry 4.0 compatibility for enhanced efficiency.
WIDMA® Machining Solutions Group of Kennametal India Limited, a leading manufacturer of metal cutting CNC machines launched VT850— a 2-axis, standard ‘plug-and-play’ vertical turning lathe designed for machining a wide range of large components that require heavy metal removal and unmatched accuracy with best-in-class productivity.
“This launch will not only enhance our standard products portfolio, but impact turnaround time to customers and ensure consistent performance,” said Rajashekar Venkat, Director – APAC, Machining Solutions Group. “These machines are manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility at Bangalore which has end-to-end capabilities, from product conceptualization to design, to assembly and customer support.”
VT850 is ideal for machining components of massive size and complex geometries such as pumps and valves, automobile components, motor bodies, bearings and graphite blocks. The turning lathe allows users to combine several operations without compromising component quality.
Its key features span accuracy, flexibility and productivity:
- Double row cylindrical roller bearing improves stiffness and rigidity of spindle
- Heavily ribbed FEA optimized structures made of FG300 cast iron and higher weight of the machine improves rigidity and vibration dampening
- Maximum turning diameter of 850 mm can handle large part machining and a wide range of components
- Option of achieving higher torque with a single speed gear box available
- Slides with LM roller guideways achieve heavy and intermittent cutting parameters
- 30/22 kW high power work spindle enables high cutting speed and depth of cut
- Environmentally friendly, hybrid lubrication reduces coolant contamination and operational cost
In addition, VT850 is designed with industry 4.0 compatibility that includes features such as remote diagnostics and access to data for quick troubleshooting, minimizing downtime.