The Schmersal Group has launched its new safety field box SFB-PN-IRT-8M12-IOP at SPS IPC Drives 2018 in Nuremberg. This safety field box for PROFINET/PROFIsafe systems is suitable for simple plug and play installation of up to eight safety devices.
It has a universal device interface with an 8-pole M12 connector which can be used to connect a wide variety of safety devices: electronic and electro-mechanical safety interlocks, switches, sensors, light curtains and operation panels.
Safety devices by other manufacturers can also be easily connected, using an adapter.
The advantages of the safety field box are:
• Simple, inexpensive installation solution
• Provides highly flexible, individually configurable safety solutions for complex machines and systems
• Additional transmission of all diagnosis signals from connected devices ensures optimum process transparency
The product advantages SFB-PN are:
Unique wide range of different connectable safety switchgear:
o Up to 8 different solenoid interlocks, such as electromechanical devices or electronic solenoid interlocks with 1- or 2-channel control of the interlock function. Only one device socket is required for each solenoid interlock.
o Up to 8 active opto-electronic protective devices (AOPD), such as safety light curtains and light grids, via Y-adapter.
o Up to 4 BDF200-FB control panels with electronic EMERGENCY-STOP function and 3 operational command and signalling devices at device sockets X4 to X7.
• An additional integrated digital input on each 8-pole device socket allows for evaluation of the diagnostic signals of all connected safety switchgear
• All device connections are internally protected with automatic resettable fuse for line protection
• Power supply to field box via M12 power connector with current capacity of 10 A. The 3 mm² conductors allow for simple installation of the field boxes in series with a single central supply.
• The universal 8-pole device connection allows safety switchgear from other manufacturers to be connected with ease using, e.g. adapters.