Uncategorized

Unit 1 of CLP India’s 1320MW Jhajjar Power Plant achieves COD [28 Mar 2012]

After successfully completing the requisite tests, the first unit of CLP India’s 1,320MW coal-fired power project, located in Haryana, has achieved COD.  The Jhajjar Power Plant is one of India’s first few supercritical coal-fired power plants. The use of the    supercritical technology in the plant helps increase the energy efficiency therefore reducing carbon emissions.
Commenting on this achievement, Rajiv Mishra, Managing Director, CLP India said, “The Jhajjar Power Plant is a critical project not only for CLP India, but also for the state of Haryana. This achievement is the first step towards the final commissioning of the project.”
90% of this Plant’s output is earmarked for Haryana, which will make a significant contribution towards addressing the power shortages of the State; the remaining 10% will be supplied to the State of Delhi.
“This is indeed a significant milestone for us and we are proud of the fact that we have been able to achieve this while setting new benchmarks for the power sector in India, especially in the areas of safety, operational efficiency and sustainability; the use of the supercritical technology will help increase the energy efficiency and reduce carbon emission intensity”, Naveen Munjal, Director – Business Development (Conventional) added.
CLP India is the first foreign company that won a major power generation project in India through international competitive bidding that took place in March 2008.  This project is also one of the first generation projects in India in many years to be financed by a consortium of foreign banks with an ECB financing of $400 million. The total cost of this project will be approximately Rs 6,000 crore.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Most Popular

To Top