Industrial Safety & Maintenance – A Growing Concern
August 16, 2010 8:58 am
“Planned maintenance (PM) strategies improve mean time between failures (MTBF), reliability, overall productivity, equipments life and ultimately reduce the total cost of equipment ownership. This opportunity to make these improvements in a utility industry generates significant interest in planned maintenance strategies for any Indian utility industries that must manage mission critical equipments” explains Abhishek Pande, Business Development Manager of JK Coil Coatings.
With the growing industrialization, the necessity of industrial maintenance has become one of the most critical areas. The regular and proper maintenance not only safeguard the CAPEX involved, but also regulate the OPEX up to a greater extent. The performance or productivity of any industrial plant depends a lot on its quality maintenance. The more effective maintenance schedule of a plant is proportional to the effective performance, hence invariably controls the overall growth. Thus, the industry needs to bestow due consideration to the proper and timely maintenance of equipment and machineries to increase their efficiency and longevity.
Importance of Industrial safety and Maintenance are:
• Provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work in the factory that are safe and without risks to health
• Arrangement in the factory for ensuring safety and absence of risks to the health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
• Provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as are necessary to ensure the health and safety of all workers at work
• Maintenance of all places of work in the factory in a condition that is safe and without risks to health and the provision and maintenance of such means of access to, and egress from, such place as are safe and without such risks
• Provision, maintenance or monitoring of such working environment in the factory for the workers that is safe, without risks to health and adequate as regard facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
These are some statutory commandments for the employer to safeguard the life of his employees and evidently show the importance of industrial safety.
The employee on his part has to restrain himself from any unsafe act leading to injury or impairment of health.
Your future advertising space? Our media data