Kalyani Sales Corporation offers Self Tapping Threaded Inserts for aluminium, cast iron, plastics and NF metals. These are available in sizes M2 to M30 and equivalent UNC, UNF and BSW threading. Self Tapping threaded insert is designed as a permanent fastener in materials which are of insufficient strength to sustain applied loads in threads, tapped directly on to these materials or where thread wear occurs due to frequent assembly and disassembly. The Self tapping threaded insert is a bushing with internal and external threads designed to tap its own threads and is driven into a drilled or cored hole. The thread cutting action is performed by the holes or by the slot on the pilot portion of the inserts.
Installation of the self tapping threaded insert has the following advantages over the conventional method:
• Strong, clean, reusable permanent thread
• No need to tap a hole to install these inserts
• Simple die-cast bore or drilled hole is sufficient for installation
• Easy and quick installation
• Very high pull out strength
• Sustains high torque loads
• Withstands vibration without loosening
• Available in case hardened yellow chromated steel and in brass or stainless steel for anti-corrosive action.
• Areas of application: automobile, plant and equipment construction, household appliance, medical equipments, military applications
Self clinching studs/nuts and miniature rivet nuts
Kalyani Sales Corporation also offers self clinching studs, nuts and miniature rivet nuts which are threaded inserts made of steel with a specially formed head. They are used in thin walled moulded components made of steel, light alloy, NF metal. They are pressed or flared into the moulded components with pre-punched receiving holes. During this process, the material flows out of the hole area into the annular grooves of these studs/nuts , thereby making a permanent connection. It is designed to provide wear-free screw connection capable of withstanding high loads in thin walled moulded components from 1.0 mm thickness and above. They have distinct advantages like:
• Easy and quick installation
• High torque and pull out strength
• Can be used in surface treated, ready plated parts, minimal outside dimensions for space and weight saving designs with an aesthetic look.
• Used in various applications such as sheet metal control panels, PCB’s, UPS, invertors, household appliances, medical and pharmaceutical equipments, etc.
Self clinching studs / nuts and miniature rivet nuts are available in sizes from M2.5 to M8 and length from 6.0 mm to 60 mm. They are available in materials like steel hardened, steel unhardened, stainless steel and aluminium.
Kalyani Sales Corporation stands amidst the well-known manufacturers, suppliers, importers and exporters of self clinching fasteners, blind rivets, blind rivet nuts, C.D. weld studs, sage nuts, panel fasteners, metal inserts, micro screws, and many more.
For more details, visit: