ACOEM Group’s Indian subsidiary ACOEM Ecotech Industries (ACOEM India) has launched ONEPROD’s Bearing Defender- the 4.0 vibration control tool. ONEPROD is a specialist recognised brand of ACOEM Group in predictive maintenance with over 30 years’ experience in the monitoring of rotating machinery.
The shift to Industry 4.0 involves profound changes, both technological and organisational, in terms of how companies manage the maintenance of their production tools. Humans will play a key role in industrial digitalisation, moving from a system with staff specialised in certain tasks to a more generalist organisation: fewer people available to ensure a first level of actions in a broader field. Experts (internal or external service providers) are already focusing on the most critical machines. Under these circumstances, how can a reliability programme be improved without more time or resources?
To address this issue, ONEPROD presents its new solution: Bearing Defender. Operators can now quickly and autonomously determine the presence of a machine fault and only call the expert when appropriate. Without any settings, reliable and easy-to-interpret results are displayed within seconds on a smartphone or tablet.
Some of the most common faults of rotating machinery, like unbalance or structural resonance can occur in a single direction. To avoid to let a faulty machine go unnoticed the Bearing Defender takes tri-axial vibration readings in a single shot, which not only makes the measurement process easier, but also to keeps your machine in a good operating condition.
Thanks to its patented wireless measurements and metrological performances, the Bearing Defender makes sure that your machines can keep spinning without risk. Its ease-of-use makes it an important leverage for enhancing the reliability of machines. Accessible to staff of all levels, tests can be conducted very quickly in different situations: preventive inspections, tests in a repair workshop, measurements in operating conditions during suspicious cases or additional tests to validate the necessary intervention of an expert on a critical machine.
End customer will be able to utilise new capacities to deliver an essential information for maintenance control in a few seconds. The maintenance costs for these assets, which were potentially not into any reliability programme before, will be greatly enhanced.
Key highlights of the product
Innovative wireless measurement
• Patented wireless vibration measurement (US 9,921,136)
• Good for bearing fault detection with up to 15kHz bandwidth at +/- 3dB
• Good for most industrial machine with +/-80g dynamics
• Allows for the wireless measurement of inaccessible machines (enclosed room, behind doors…)
• Rechargeable battery good for 8h of measurement activity
• Live high resolution data streaming through Wi-Fi protocol
• Signal listening feature available e.g. while greasing your bearing.
• No specific hardware needed, any standard headset compatible with your mobile device on iOS or Android can be used
Smart 3D indicators
• Bearing defect indicator
• Unbalance or Misalignment indicator
• Miscellaneous fault indicator
Results in 10 seconds
The Bearing Defender only takes 10 seconds to capture, process and display the data resulting from the measurement in the three directions. A full vibration reading of the bearing is displayed in addition to the smart indicators:
• Vibration velocity with alarms according to the ISO10816-3 standard
• Full range acceleration
• Bearing Defect Factor value
• High frequency acceleration value
Authored article by:
ONEPROD (India & Middle East)